Monday, April 11, 2011

How I managed to miss all the fights

Rooks and Kings has a wormhole-specific corporation called Guillotine Therapy (KEEN), they're french, they're good at what they do. The rest of the alliance lives mostly in lowsec and goes to fight whatever is reachable wherever it may be, as long as there's a fight.

Regularly, KEEN calls our attention to some fun to be had in wormholes, so we gather some people (or many, depending on the perceived fight size), pack up our gear and get ready to get in there...
Last week was one such time.

It turns out that one of KEEN's POSes has been put in reinforced by a small fleet belonging to "nocorp". So I pack up my loki, head towards the lowsec wormhole entrance KEEN found for us some 20 jumps away, travel through 5 wormholes to arrive at the POS. And now we wait, logged off, for the reinforce timer to tick down...

Knowing how these things go, I stay on comms in case something happens. Sure enough, we intercept an Aperture Harmonics [AHARM] covops sneaking in and some more of their ships have been spotted in our wormhole... Things may escalate... So I wait while my alliance mates chain collapse wormholes...

My fridge is empty and I'm getting hungry, I haven't eaten yet today and I forgot to eat yesterday. I inform people I'll be AFK for 30 minutes to go buy some food. There's still 3 hours before the tower comes out of RF, I should be fine. I come back to find this on our killboard: http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=25284 .
Turns out we spawned a wormhole connexion to Aperture Harmonic's main wormhole, jumped through and a fight ensued... I'm a bit annoyed, to say the least...

Now we're camping both sides of the wormhole, I'm logging in, ready to get into any possible fight, I jump to meet the fleet on AHARM's side. They don't bring anything at this stage and we're just quietly camping, debating on invading or not, retreating or not.
After a few hours of camping, I get a call from a RL friend, I have to leave. It's fine, the tower is being repped, we should still be in their wormhole when I'm back, I'm assured.

I come back, to find out AHARM had come to force the wormhole to collapse, a 2nd fight was had, and I had once more missed it...

The next morning, I log in and a prober finds me an exit back to empire so I can get back to our wormhole the back way. I end up in a 0.5 system in Derelik my character is -4.77 security status, travelling in highsec in a loki is out of the question, I have to get to Placid. A quick check on autopilot with settings "prefer less secure" paints a grim view. 83 jumps, some of which through highsec. Grrrr...

I bring a freighter alt to my location, put the loki in it, and travel with my pod back to home. A fun 2 hours of hauling follows.

Now I learn that the entrance we found back to the WH is deep within 0.0 (and certainly not closeby)... I give up and do some planetary interactions while the rest of our forces go and kill random people in WHs all through the evening.

Better luck next time I suppose.

The story of the people who don't eat or have friends or get stuck hauling stuff is here: http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=159

No comments:

Post a Comment